Working together with customers and communities, Northern is committed to transforming train travel in the North.
Whilst you've been away, we've been working on a series of new projects and upgrades right across our network.
We’re excited for you to experience these changes, large and small, firsthand when you return to travelling with Northern. But for now you can find a snapshot of these below.
Be sure to keep checking back for more!
£2.5m renovation of 40+ stations
Making sure our stations look their best for your return to rail travel.
More accessible stations
Welcoming mobility scooters at 100+ stations to improve the journeys of all our customers.
New LED lighting
We have added new LED lighting at 388 stations, just in time for the winter months and the darker nights.
We now have 157 Amazon lockers at Northern stations. A convenient way to collect your parcels on your commute.
We have installed and upgraded CCTV at many of our stations for extra peace of mind.
Some key improvements delivered recently:
- Mobility scooter users given more freedom on Northern trains
- Station lighting transformed with £7m investment
- Cheadle Hulme and New Mills Newtown given £382,000 facelift
- More than 50 lifts upgraded at Northern stations
- Resurfacing work transforms car parks at Meadowhall Interchange, Dent & Disley stations
...and many, many more!