Catch it while you can! We’re giving Super League fans 25% off our Advance tickets by clicking on the above links or using the code RUGBY25 at checkout until Sunday 9 June 2019.
Enjoy a great day out by train and save even more money on your train tickets.
To take up the offer just follow these simple steps:
- Choose the station you are leaving from and the station you are going to, including the date, time and select a single journey. See all stations offering Advance tickets
- Clicking on the above 'Buy' buttons above pre-populates the code. Alternatively, enter the promotional code RUGBY25 when prompted and search fares
- Select the ticket(s) you wish to buy and checkout
What you need to know
- Offer is valid until Sunday 9 June 2019 inclusive for travel until Sunday 1 September 2019
- Offer is only available on purchases from our website or via the Northern app
- Valid to use on selected Advance Purchase routes
- 25% discount will be applied to the fare
- Terms and conditions for Advance Purchase tickets still apply
You can book your tickets using our online journey planner, or find out more information about our great Advance ticket offers below
All stations offering Advance tickets:
* Northern Advance tickets are available off-peak only and are subject to availability. The lowest fares are available up to 23:59 the day before travel. Actual average saving is 60%. Saving is based on an average Northern advanced fare versus purchase on the day price. Tickets are subject to availability. Terms and conditions apply.
Advance tickets are single (one-way) tickets for selected journeys available in First Class and Standard Class, offering the best available price for each journey.
Tickets must be purchased in advance of travel. They are sold in limited numbers and so subject to availability.
- Standard Class: Child discounts, 16-25, Family & Friends, Senior, HM Forces and Disabled Persons Railcards discounts apply.
- First Class: Child discounts, 16-25, Senior, HM Forces and Disabled Persons Railcards discounts apply.
When and where the ticket can be used?
- Tickets are valid ONLY on the date and train service(s) shown on the ticket(s).
- Where applicable, you must travel in the Class and reserved seat(s) shown on the ticket(s).
- Tickets may only be used on the services of the Train Company (or geographic route where applicable) shown next to 'Route' on the ticket.
- If the 'Route' also states 'and Connections', travel is allowed on appropriate connecting trains where shown on the ticket(s) or other valid travel itinerary.
- If the route is prefixed with a *, the ticket includes the cost of travelling across London on London Underground, Docklands Light Railway or First Capital Connect (Thameslink Route) services as appropriate to the journey.
Conditions of use
- You must be at the departure station shown on your ticket in good time to catch the train. If you miss the first train on which you are booked for any reason, a new ticket must be purchased.
- If delays occur while travelling, you will be allowed to take the next available train(s) to complete your journey.
- Railcard holders travelling on a discounted ticket must carry their Railcard when they travel. If a Railcard holder fails to produce a valid Railcard with their ticket, a new ticket must be purchased as if no Railcard and/or no ticket were held.
- First Class Advance tickets do not always grant access to First Class Lounges at stations. Please check with the train company you are travelling with to confirm policy at specific stations.
Break of journey
You may not start, break and resume, or end your journey at any intermediate station except to change to/from connecting trains as shown on the ticket(s) or other valid travel itinerary.
Changing the time or date of travel
- Changes to time or date of travel must be arranged before departure of the first reserved train printed on the ticket, after which the ticket has no value and a new one must be purchased. You will need to present the ticket(s) and reservation(s) when you request a change.
- Changes to tickets cannot be made on-board the train. If you board a train without a ticket and reservation for that service, a new ticket must be purchased. Depending on the Train Company you are travelling with, you may be liable to a Penalty Fare if you board the train with an invalid ticket.
- The origin, destination and Train Company or route shown on the ticket(s) must remain the same.
- The difference between the price paid and cost of the next suitable fare for your journey is payable, plus a £10 administration fee per person, per single ticket for each change to a journey. If you change to a train on which a cheaper fare is available, the difference will not be refunded.
- Your ticket is non-refundable.
- If the train you purchased a ticket for is cancelled or delayed by more than 60 minutes, special arrangements will be made to accommodate you on another train (although a seat cannot be guaranteed). If, as a result, you decide not to travel, a refund will be offered on completely unused tickets and you will not be charged an administration fee.