Easter Weekend - Check Before You Travel
Engineering work on the West Coast Main Line over Easter and May Bank Holidays 2020 will cause a number of services to change or not run.
From Saturday 11th until Monday 13th of April 2020, the West Coast Main Line in the North West of England will be closed in various places as NetworkRail renews an important junction south of Leyland where the line from Manchester and Bolton joins the West Coast Main Line.
Work will also be undertaken at various places between Preston, Oxenholme, Penrith and Carlisle and in the Liverpool area causing changes to services and in some cases replacement buses.
Routes are affected by this work between:
- Blackpool North, Preston, Bolton and Manchester Airport
- Blackpool North, Preston, St. Helens Central and Liverpool Lime Street
- Barrow-in-Furness, Grange-over-Sands,Lancaster, Preston and Manchester Airport
- Windermere, Oxenhome Lake District, Lancaster, Preston and Manchester Airport.
- Morecambe, Bentham, Skipton and Leeds.
As well as work on the West Coast Main Line; Network Rail will also be undertaking works on the railway affecting services on the following routes:
Saturday 10 and Sunday 11 April
- Scarborough, Bridlington, Hull, Doncaster and Sheffield
- Hull, Brough, Selby and York
- Hull, Brough, Selby, Leeds, Bradford Interchange and Halifax.
Sunday 11 April and Monday 13 April
- Liverpool Lime Street, Widnes, Warrington Central, Birchwood, Manchester and Manchester Airport.
Sunday 11 April
- Liverpool Lime Street, Huyton, Earlestown, Manchester, Manchester Airport and Wilmslow
- Liverpool Lime Street, Huyton, St. Helens Central and Wigan North Western.
If you are travelling in the affected region over the Easter weekend and May Bank Holidays, please allow more time for your journey and check train time before you travel. You can check for expected timetable changes on our Route Improvement page here.