Manchester’s Christmas Markets are back and better than ever!
These award-winning markets were voted the best in Europe in 2013 and they are not kidding when they say the best! There are more than 300 stalls stationed across the city centre offering everything from delicious dishes to Yuletide drinks and handmade gifts.
The markets are free and accessible to all, and going by train is even easier as Manchester Victoria, Manchester Oxford Road and Manchester Piccadilly train stations are all a short walk away. Take the hassle out of finding parking and leave your car, that way you can treat yourself and fully enjoy the experience.
The markets are spread across 10 locations in the centre of Manchester so there is something for everyone here. You can even buy some last minute Christmas gifts as you will find stalls selling handmade jewellery, toys, bags, clothes, kitchenware and a lot more! For the foodies amongst us, you won’t be disappointed by the array of food and drink on offer, treat yourself to a traditional European dish and keep warm with a hot beverage.
The amazing atmosphere is guaranteed to make even Scrooge excited for the big day! Visit the markets with family or friends and save on your train tickets by purchasing them online here and enjoy a festive day out for less.
- Your ticket is non-refundable.
- If the train you purchased a ticket for is cancelled or delayed by more than 60 minutes, special arrangements will be made to accommodate you on another train (although a seat cannot be guaranteed). If, as a result, you decide not to travel, a refund will be offered on completely unused tickets and you will not be charged an administration fee.
- Changes to time or date of travel must be arranged before departure of the first reserved train printed on the ticket, after which the ticket has no value and a new one must be purchased. You will need to present the ticket(s) and reservation(s) when you request a change.
- Changes to tickets cannot be made on-board the train. If you board a train without a ticket and reservation for that service, a new ticket must be purchased. Depending on the Train Company you are travelling with, you may be liable to a Penalty Fare if you board the train with an invalid ticket.
- The origin, destination and Train Company or route shown on the ticket(s) must remain the same.
- The difference between the price paid and cost of the next suitable fare for your journey is payable, plus a £10 administration fee per person, per single ticket for each change to a journey. If you change to a train on which a cheaper fare is available, the difference will not be refunded.
- You must be at the departure station shown on your ticket in good time to catch the train. If you miss the first train on which you are booked for any reason, a new ticket must be purchased.
- If delays occur while travelling, you will be allowed to take the next available train(s) to complete your journey.
- Railcard holders travelling on a discounted ticket must carry their Railcard when they travel. If a Railcard holder fails to produce a valid Railcard with their ticket, a new ticket must be purchased as if no Railcard and/or no ticket were held.
- First Class Advance tickets do not always grant access to First Class Lounges at stations. Please check with the train company you are travelling with to confirm policy at specific stations.
- Standard Class: Child discounts, 16-25, Family & Friends, Senior, HM Forces and Disabled Persons Railcards discounts apply.
- First Class: Child discounts, 16-25, Senior, HM Forces and Disabled Persons Railcards discounts apply.
- Tickets are valid ONLY on the date and train service(s) shown on the ticket(s).
- Where applicable, you must travel in the Class and reserved seat(s) shown on the ticket(s).
- Tickets may only be used on the services of the Train Company (or geographic route where applicable) shown next to 'Route' on the ticket.
- If the 'Route' also states 'and Connections', travel is allowed on appropriate connecting trains where shown on the ticket(s) or other valid travel itinerary.
- If the route is prefixed with a *, the ticket includes the cost of travelling across London on London Underground, Docklands Light Railway or First Capital Connect (Thameslink Route) services as appropriate to the journey.