Working from home isn’t for everyone.
You’ve told us you’re missing your colleagues, the energy of face-to-face meetings and the after-work socialising. We get it.
As train travel restrictions begin to ease, Northern is on hand to help you get back to work, at your own pace. Whether that’s the odd day here and there, or straight back to the way things were.
Whatever your return to work plans, we have a great-value ticket and the support to match. This includes our exciting new Flexi Season ticket - more information below!
What's the best ticket for you?
From day tickets to season tickets, you've a great deal of choice when it comes to commuting by rail. Discover how much you could save below...
Season ticket savings shown relate to the same journeys made with individual day return tickets. New routes are being added all the time. If your journey does not appear, please use our season ticket journey planner.
Key season ticket benefits
If you're ready to return to work full-time, there are many benefits for choosing a season ticket:
- Save up to 48%*
- Unlimited travel between your two stations
- Huge savings over the course of a month or year
- Renew without the queue on a Smart card
- Mobile and ticket machine collection now available
Other support available
A better way to go
You spoke, we listened. We've been working hard to improve every step of your journey, including:
- Travel in style - Our new look fleet is made up of 100 new state-of-the-art trains and another 240 fully-refurbished
- Extra-comfy seats - Sit back, take in the views and enjoy a more comfortable journey
- You've got the power - Make use of the charging points at every seat on all new Northern trains
- Free WiFi - Stay connected with free WiFi on our new trains. Browse 'til your heart's content.
You can also expect to see a range of new and improved facilities in Northern's stations across the North:
Back to work travel guide
Our 600-strong cleaning team are working round the clock to keep our carriages extra clean. Here's our train travel advice to help you travel safely during the Coronavirus pandemic:
We've asked your fellow passengers their tips for a calm commute:
- Arrive with time to spare – because a relaxed commute is an easy commute
- Join the conversation – find yourself a great podcast and get involved with the here and now
- Feel the beat – invest in some good headphones… zoning into that favourite playlist will always pop a smile on your face
- Find your inner zen – apps such as Headspace or Calm are the perfect way to bring you into a state of relaxation
- Be kind to one another – who doesn’t love a bit of positivity? A smile to a fellow passenger might be all that’s needed to brighten up their day.
Using your journey for wellbeing
As the government guidelines on returning to work relax and the world starts to ‘get back to normal’, many of us will be feeling confused, worried and a little apprehensive – and confidence levels might be not what they were prior to the coronavirus pandemic. There are many resources available to help, and as a starting point we have put together a list of tips for you to get the most from your journey with Northern, wherever it may take you.
Ready to buy a ticket?
|Peak Day Return||Annual Saving £||Annual Season Ticket||Monthly Saving £||Monthly Season Ticket||Weekly Saving £||Weekly Season Ticket|
*Based on 5 days a week for 52 weeks (minus 28 days of annual leave)
**Manchester Central Zone