At Northern we have ambitious plans that will transform our company and help our region to be a great place to live and work. Innovation - improving and changing what we do and how we do it - underpins this transformation. A new Innovation Board has been set up to lead this and we are passionate about ensuring that our customers have a voice on this. One way we will deliver this is by recruiting a customer advocate and we're inviting interested individuals to apply.
As an Innovation Board member you will represent the wider Northern customer community. In particular you will bring a fresh perspective to challenge, inform and support the Board's decision making process, knowledge development and problem solving.
Ideal attributes we're looking for include:
- open-minded and curious
- prepared to listen to others, entertain conflicting viewpoints and use these to develop new ideas
- regular traveller on the rail network in the north of England
- willing to attend four half day Board meetings a year at different venues in the North of England - this is an honorary position, but reasonable travel expenses will be paid
- the next meeting is scheduled for the afternoon of 5th September in York. You should be available for that meeting to be considered for this position
- prepared to talk (formally or informally) to other rail travellers, ask them for feedback and ideas
We're particularly interested in making sure that our Board is representative of the communities we serve and would encourage people of all diversities to apply.