Welcome to Northern
At Northern we are passionate about making sure that your journey with us is a great experience. Our Customer Promise replaces what was previously known as the Passenger’s Charter. It sets out our promise of the service we will deliver for you.
We review our Customer Promise every year in consultation with Transport Focus, the independent transport watchdog. You can download a copy of our Passengers' Charter from our website or pick up a copy at staffed stations which are served by our trains. Or, contact our Customer Experience Centre and they will send you one.
You can contact us:
- through this website
- by phoning our Customer Experience Centre on 0800 200 6060
- on Twitter or Facebook: @northernassist
- through any member of staff at our stations or on the train
- by writing to us at Freepost NORTHERN RAILWAY.
We will always record your comments and suggestions. Each month we will review them and report to our board on new trends and issues. We will also use your comments, issues and suggestions to improve our service.
Our Customer Experience Centre is staffed 24 hours a day on days when trains are running and can help with complaints, assistance bookings (if you need help during your journey) and general enquiries: 0800 200 6060
This is your Northern - we want your ideas and for you to get involved with what we do. There are a number of ways you can do this.
- speak to our staff - many of our stations are staffed throughout the day and our team would love to hear from you.
- meet the manager - We will have regular ‘meet the manager’ events, where you can meet the local management team. We will advertise events beforehand at stations and on our website.
- join our 2500 volunteers who help make Northern a better place.
Performance - Passengers' Charter Commitment
To find out how the franchise has been performing, please visit our Performance page.
Service Quality - Our Commitment to Quality
To find out how we are doing in our service quality audits, please visit our Service Quality page.