Save a 1/3 OFF most local rail fares for only £10 per year. Ideal for days out, shopping trips or visiting friends and family.
Who can apply?
- You can apply for an Esk valley Railcard if you are 16 and over and live in:
- The Hambleton, Scarborough or Ryedale Districts of North Yorkshire
- The Boroughs of Middlesbrough, Redcar and Cleveland or Stockton.
- You have one of the following postcodes:
- DO 7, 8
- DL 2, 6, 10
- HG 4
- TS 1, 9, 10, 13, 15, 19
- YO 1, 3, 4, 6, 7, 11, 12, 13, 14, 17, 18, 19, 21, 22, 25, 26, 30, 32, 41, 60, 61, 62
Where can I use it?
The Esk Valley Railway Railcard entitles you to:
- Discounted fares between Whitby and Middlesbrough and intermediate stations on the Northern Rail services.
- Discounted fares also apply between Whitby to Pickering on North Yorkshire Moors Railway services.
How much does it cost?
The Esk Valley Railcard can be bought for only £10.00 per person.
How long is the Railcard valid?
Esk Valley Railcards are valid for twelve months from the date of issue or commencement date.
How much can I save?
- 1/3 off normal adult train fares on the Esk Valley
- Up to 4 accompanying children under 16s also receive 1/3 off, which is based on 81% discount on the adult fares. There is a minimum child fare of £1
- 1/3 off North Yorkshire Moors Railway fares.
The Railcard is not valid for use with season tickets.
When your station is staffed you must purchase your ticket at the ticket office, otherwise please purchase your ticket from the conductor on the train.
How do I apply for an Esk Valley railcard?
You can buy a railcard from the following stations:
- Redcar Central
You can also apply to the Esk Valley Railway Development Company (EVRDC) by filling in an application form. Cheques should be made payable to Northern Railway and sent with this form to: EVRDC, PO BOX 506, Scarborough, North Yorkshire YO11 9GA. Please enclose a stamped self-addressed envelope.
Please allow seven to ten days for postal applications to be processed and Esk Valley Railcards to be delivered to you.
The Esk Valley Railway is supported by the not-for-profit Esk Valley Railway Development Company (EVRDC). More information can be obtained by visiting our website: eskvalleyrailway.co.uk or telephone: 01947 601987