Northern is investing £1billion to modernise rail travel in the North and the introduction of 98 state-of-the art, brand new trains by 2020 forms part of this.
We are committed to making the right improvements for our customers and held a series of roadshow events across the network to gather feedback on one of the key design features of the new trains; the seats.
The new seats roadshows represents the first of many engagement events to gather the opinions that really matter so that they can inform and influence the travel experience we deliver in the future.
The 98 new trains are just one of the ways Northern is modernising the standard of rail travel in the North.
Other investments will include:
- Upgrading 243 trains to “as-new”
- Adding 2,000 extra services a week by 2019
- Adding 400 extra Sunday services by 2019
- Making free on-board WiFi available to all our customers from 2018
- Creating a faster inter-urban network