As a Rail Rail Engineering Technician Apprentice on our 3 year scheme, you’ll work towards gaining a Level 3 Qualification in Rail Engineering Technician on Traction and Rolling Stock pathway.
It’s a fantastic opportunity to make the most of truly excellent training together with exciting on the job learning, and it will prepare you for a rewarding and ever-changing career in the rail industry.
Throughout the programme, you’ll pick up essential practical experience in engineering, together with key skills around working safely, communication and teamwork. Plus, you’ll complete a number of placements in different departments where you’ll learn all about engineering and other key elements of the business, speak to different people, and find out more about how our company works.
Here's what we're looking for:
- An ability to work well as part of a team
- A passion for learning and development
- The ability to work on your own initiative
- Excellent communication skills both in writing and face to face
- An ability to work under pressure to get things done on time
- A conscientious and hard working approach
What will I earn?
You will receive a competitive salary and a range of benefits.
What happens at the end?
And at the end of our 3 year scheme, you’ll be able to apply for permanent roles at Northern.