With many restrictions lifting, Northern is on hand to help you get back to the workplace, at your own pace. Whether that’s the odd day here and there, or straight back to the way things were.
What's the best ticket for you?
From day tickets to season tickets, you've a great deal of choice when it comes to commuting by rail. Discover how much you could save below...
Season ticket savings shown relate to the same journeys made with individual day return tickets. New routes are being added all the time. If your journey does not appear, please use our season ticket journey planner.
Key season ticket benefits
If you're ready to return to the workplace more often , there are many benefits for choosing a season ticket:
- Save up to 33%* with a weekly season ticket
- Unlimited travel between your two stations
- Huge savings over the course of a month or year
- Renew without the queue on a Smart card
- Mobile and ticket machine collection now available
Other support available
A better way to go
You spoke, we listened. We've been working hard to improve every step of your journey, including:
- Travel in style - Our new look fleet is made up of 100 new state-of-the-art trains and another 240 fully-refurbished
- Extra-comfy seats - Sit back, take in the views and enjoy a more comfortable journey
- You've got the power - Make use of the charging points at every seat on all new Northern trains
- Free WiFi - Stay connected with free WiFi on our new trains. Browse 'til your heart's content
- Extra clean carriages - our 600-strong cleaning team are working round the clock. Thanks team!
You can also expect to see a range of new and improved facilities in Northern's stations across the North:
Back to work travel guide
Our 600-strong cleaning team are working round the clock to keep our carriages extra clean. Here's our train travel advice to help you travel safely during the Coronavirus pandemic:
We've asked your fellow passengers their tips for a calm commute:
- Arrive with time to spare – because a relaxed commute is an easy commute
- Join the conversation – find yourself a great podcast and get involved with the here and now
- Feel the beat – invest in some good headphones… zoning into that favourite playlist will always pop a smile on your face
- Find your inner zen – apps such as Headspace or Calm are the perfect way to bring you into a state of relaxation
- Be kind to one another – who doesn’t love a bit of positivity? A smile to a fellow passenger might be all that’s needed to brighten up their day.
Using your journey for wellbeing
Working from home wasn’t for everyone.
You told us you missed your colleagues, the energy of face-to-face meetings and the after-work socialising. We get it.
Rail travel offers a calmer commute compared to traffic jams. That's why we've have put together a list of tips for you to get more from your journeys back to the workplace with Northern.
Ready to buy a ticket?
*Price comparisons. Saving based on an average weekly Season ticket fare versus 5x Anytime Day Return tickets. Saving correct as of 19 August 2021. Season tickets only available on selected routes. T&Cs apply.
|Peak Day Return||Annual Saving £||Annual Season Ticket||Monthly Saving £||Monthly Season Ticket||Weekly Saving £||Weekly Season Ticket|
Based on 5 days a week for 52 weeks (minus 28 days of annual leave)
**Manchester Central Zone