If you’re ready to return, we’re ready to welcome you back. Our cleaning team is now 600 strong and working around the clock to keep our trains and stations clean, so you can travel safe. All we ask is that you play your part too. Together, we can keep the north moving.
What are we doing to make your journey safe?
- We're cleaning all our carriages and key stations every day
- We're increasing the rate of our cleaning, with over 600 dedicated staff
- We're placing extra focus on cleaning touchpoints like handrails and armrests
- We're using anti-viral sanitiser that stops the virus for longer
- Our staff are on hand to help and are working harder than ever to to make your journey safe and enjoyable
- Our team are continuing to help customers with additional needs through our assisted travel scheme
What can you do to help?
Better ways to pay
To keep you safe as you travel with us, we're making sure we have many contactless payments available.
At Northern we have plenty of train ticket types that enable you to save money across our 500 stations in the North and beyond.
- Save up to 65% off with Advanced tickets
- Duo tickets allow you to save 25% when travelling together
- Rangers and Rovers allow you to hop on and off all day for a great price
- Save on the day and get a cheaper ticket up to 15 minutes before you travel