Win this Valentine's Day with Northern!
It's the most romantic time of the year and what better way is there to celebrate than with a weekend away? To celebrate the season of love, we are giving one lucky couple the chance to escape from it all with a luxurious overnight stay at The Grand, York.
For your chance to win this great prize, click below and enter your details by 16 February to be entered into the free prize draw.
This competition has now closed
- Terms and Conditions for the February 2020 Northern Valentine’s Day Prize Draw. The promoter of this prize draw is Arriva Rail North Limited (trading as Northern) whose correspondence address is Marketing Department, 6th Floor, Northern House, 9 Rougier Street, York, YO1 6HZ (the “Promoter”).
- The prize consists of an overnight stay at The Grand Hotel in York.
- The prize draw is open to all UK residents (excluding Northern Ireland) aged 21 years or over, except employees of the Promoter, their families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the prize draw.
- To enter this prize draw you must do one or both of the following:
- Complete your entry along with your contact details online at northernrailway.co.uk/valentines-competition and press submit.
- Only one entry per person is permitted.
- The opening date for entries is 00:01 hours on 10 February 2020. The closing date of the prize draw is 23:59 hours on 16 February 2020. Entries received after this time will not be accepted.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed due to a technical fault, technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure of any kind.
- The winner will be drawn within two weeks of the closing date under independent supervision and the judge's decision is final.
- The winner will be contacted by a member of the Northern marketing team to arrange fulfillment of the prize.
- The winners will be notified by email (using details provided at entry) within 2 weeks of the closing date and must email their acceptance to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond to the Promoter within 5 days of being notified by the Promoter, then the winner's prize will be forfeited and the Promoter will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
- The prize for the winner is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
- The Promoter reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the Promoter's control makes it necessary to do so.
- The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
- Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry.
- The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so. Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- Personal data supplied during the course of this prize draw will be processed by the Promoter for the purpose of administering this prize draw. Entry into this prize draw will be deemed as your consent to this processing. If you do not wish your personal data to be processed in this way, please do not enter the prize draw.
- Personal data supplied by you during the course of this prize draw will only be passed on to third parties insofar as required for the fulfillment/delivery/arrangement of the prize. If you do not wish your personal data to be processed in this way, please do not enter this prize draw.
- The prize draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the prize draw submit to the jurisdiction of the English court