This Sunday, there are planned cancellations on a small number of routes in the North West. These cancellations will affect:
- Manchester Victoria – Blackpool North: Customers are advised to use other train services between Manchester and Blackpool. In addition, a rail replacement service will be running between Blackpool North - Layton and Preston – Bolton.
- Wigan – Stalybridge: Replacement bus from Wigan to Bolton (via Westhoughton) Replacement bus from Manchester Victoria to Stalybridge.
- Lancaster – Morecambe/Heysham Harbour – rail replacement service will be in place between Lancaster and Morecambe
- Blackpool North – Hellifield: Replacement bus between Preston and Hellifield
- Preston – Colne: Customers are advised trains will not run between Preston and Colne. A replacement bus will be in operation and there is a full train service between Blackpool South and Preston.
We are sorry for the inconvenience this will cause our customers. Please check immediately before you travel.
All the planned cancellations will be fully updated on the Northern website or National Rail Enquiries websites and apps overnight, so customers should check on Saturday morning for the latest information.
Anyone whose journey is delayed by 15 minutes or more can apply for compensation via Delay Repay. Details of the scheme and how to apply can be found here.