Liverpool Lime Street station remains closed following the landslip earlier this week and is unlikely to reopen until at at least Thursday 9 March.
As a result of the closure there is ongoing disruption to Northern services between Liverpool Lime Street and Manchester, Warrington and Wigan.
A limited number of services are running between:
- Manchester Victoria and Huyton
- Manchester Oxford Road and Liverpool South Parkway (from Thursday 2 March, this service may go through to Edge Hill)
- Wigan and Huyton
Buses are planned to run between:
- Liverpool Lime Street and Liverpool South Parkway
- Liverpool Lime Street and Huyton (this bus journey is currently taking between 45 and 60 minutes)
- Euxton Balshaw Lane and Preston
However, heavy traffic and roadworks are impacting on the effectiveness of the rail replacement buses, rail services are extremely busy, and we continue to urge customers to postpone travel if possible.
Until further notice Northern customers may use their tickets on Merseyrail services between Liverpool South Parkway and Liverpool Central.
Train times for services between Wigan and Manchester Victoria to Huyton are available via National Rail Enquiries. Times for trains between Manchester Oxford Road - Warrington Central – Liverpool South Parkway – Edge Hill are available here.
Further updates on our train services will be available on Twitter @northernassist.