Your Northern Wishlist
Whilst we were unable to travel, you sent us a fantastic list of all the things you would like to do and places you would like to explore. We've collected all of your great ideas to create the Northern wish list.
1) A trip to Robin Hood's Bay to stay in the famous seaside port and to walk the coast. Of course, have fish and chips at the renowned Magpie restaurant in Whitby
2) A long weekend in Harrogate with tea at Betty's Tea Rooms
3) A visit to Arnside and Silverdale to watch the sunset over Morecambe Bay.
4) A leisurely weekend at the Spa Hotel, Saltburn
5) Going to the Super League Grand Final
6) A family day out at Blackpool Pleasure Beach - my kids love rollercoasters!
6) My wife and I spent our honeymoon in the beautiful city of Chester. We would stay in one of the many haunted inns in Chester, take a boat trip on the river, have a meal and a drink in an atmospheric city centre pub. Do a little clothes and treats shopping before spending the evening back in the warmth and comfort of our hotel bar.
7) A cruise up Lake Windermere with my family and grandchildren with a call in to Wray Castle where I spent my childhood.
8) A visit to the Christmas Markets in Manchester.
9) Newcastle Quayside
10) A weekend break in Scarborough, taking in a show at the Stephen Joseph and a walk along Marine Drive to Peasholm Park, with Fish and Chips at the Chippy!
11) A family trip to York visiting the Railway Museum and Castle Museum
12) Journey along Ribblehead route
13) The Baltic museum in Gateshead. The viewing platform at Baltic shows you some breath-taking sights along the river.
14) Head out for a Spa Day in Harrogate
15) Discovering the sights of Malham Cove near Gargrave
16) A climb up to the top of Scafell Pike!
17) A trip to Ilkley for Afternoon Tea and a walk up to the Cow and Calf rocks with my two boys for a clamber on the rocks and lots of fresh air.
18) A weekend in Liverpool to follow in the footsteps of the fabulous four - the Beatles tour!
19) Giggin' in Manchester
20) Star-gazing in Northumberland
There are no questions in this FAQ.
- Best destinations in the North
- Best things to do in the North on a rainy day
- Best things to do in the North on a sunny day