On Sunday 10 December 2017, Northern will commence operating the passenger services over the recently completed Ordsall Chord infrastructure, which connects Oxford Road, Piccadilly and Victoria for the first time. To mark this occasion, a limited edition commemorative ticket has been produced.
Where can the tickets be purchased?
The ticket can only be bought from Manchester Victoria and Manchester Oxford Road booking offices until the stock levels are exhausted.
Terms and conditions:
• This is a dedicated single (one way) ticket valid for travel on Northern only services on the opening day of the Ordsall Chord (Sunday 10 December 2017).
• This ticket is ONLY valid for travel on Northern services on the date and route shown on the front of the ticket. It is not valid to use on other train operators and/or during any other day.
• Tickets must be purchased in advance of travel. They are sold in limited numbers so are subject to availability.
• You must be at the departure station shown on your ticket in good time to catch the train. We expect the train to be busy so please allow extra time to board the train.
• You may not start, break and resume, or end your journey at any intermediate station.
• These tickets are non-refundable, they have no cash value, cannot be exchanged, and the resale of this ticket is prohibited.
• This ticket cannot be used with any other promotion, offer, individual or group discount.
• This ticket does not guarantee a seat on any train over the Ordsall Chord.
• Northern reserve the right, in their absolute discretion, to refuse travel on any trains on the day opening day of the Ordsall Chord for any person for technical, operational, health and safety or other reasons including over capacity.