Northern logo

This converted church in Lancaster is now a much-praised repertory theatre and cinema. Built in 1796 as the Parish Church of St Anne, it was cleverly converted into a theatre in 1971. In addition to its role as a theatre, The Dukes is an independent cinema and has a varied and extensive programme. With three auditoria the Dukes is perfect for an entertaining evening out, whether visiting the theatre or cinema or just popping in for a drink.