2 for 1 admission for the Chocolate Manufactory Tour
We are delighted to share with you our chocolate making story at the York Cocoa Works.
At the York Cocoa Works you can watch our chocolate makers at work, taste chocolate fresh from the manufactory, and take home a piece of the Chocolate City from our Chocolate Shop. Why not indulge further by enjoying our selection of our own drinks and desserts, made with our own delicious chocolate, at the York Cocoa Works cafe?
Join us and discover how our chocolate is created and to explore the flavour of cocoa from around the world, by sampling and seeing the chocolate being produced by us in the heart of the Chocolate City. We are proud to be contributing to York’s rich chocolate heritage; in fact, we are just opposite Mary Tuke’s 18th Century Chocolate manufactory!
We are also proud of our mission: to create shorter, fairer, more connected supply chains. We have worked with cocoa communities and traders from around the world to identify cocoa that we believe furthers our mission. Our Cocoa has been chosen because it makes a sustainable impact and it rewards farmers based on quality as well as quantity.
How to get here
Nearest train station: York
Distance from train station: 0.6 miles, 13 min walk
Directions from train station:
- Turn left from the Station entrance and continue down Station Road.
- At the crossroads, turn right onto Station Rise and follow it round past the Grand Hotel.
- Turn right onto Rougier Street and continue onto George Hudson Street.
- Turn left onto Micklegate and continue over the bridge.
- Turn briefly right onto Nessgate, cross left to Coppergate, then turn right down Castlegate.
- York Cocoa Works is down Castlegate and to your left. (0.6 miles on foot.)
York Cocoa Works, 10 Castlegate, York, Y01 9RP
Tel: 01904 898393
Mon-Sat 9am-5pm, Sun 10am-5pm