As a Control Apprentice on our 2 year scheme, you’ll work towards gaining a Level 4 Qualification. This will include workplace training and development, classroom knowledge development and assignments to complete alongside a detailed portfolio, so it’s important that you’re up for the challenge of meeting all coursework deadlines while you work in your role at the same time.
Based in either York or Manchester, you’ll get stuck into a range of tasks as you build the skills you need to become competent in Control. It’s about joining the teams who work behind the scenes to make sure that all of our trains can run at the right times, be in the right places, and have the right people on board to keep our customers moving.
Here's what we're looking for:
- Great problem solving skills, and a logical approach
- Good numerical skills
- An ability to prioritise your tasks
- The ability to work on your own initiative
- Excellent communication skills both in writing and face to face
- Ideally an interest in trains and how the railway works
- The ability to pass our assessments in Maths, English and ICT
What will I earn?
You will receive a competitive salary and a range of benefits.
What happens at the end?
At the end of our 2 year scheme, you’ll be able to apply for permanent roles at Northern.