If you’re ready to get stuck in to the world of work - or will be soon - then our Graduate Scheme could be just what you’re looking for.
What it's all about?
It’s a great opportunity to work at Northern and be part of our 24-month Graduate programme. We’ve designed it to attract and develop talented young people into the rail industry. The programme will give you the skills you need to become a great manager of the future. And it will also help you build your experience across different areas of our business such as Operations, Customer Service, Finance, Marketing and more. During the scheme, you’ll take part in graduate events, training modules and and a range of development activities where you'll build knowledge of our operation, strategy and business model. You’ll also work closely with Senior Managers across the business. And you’ll get to work on a number of projects with other Northern Graduates to help us achieve our targets. Above all, we’ll make sure that you’re carefully supported by your mentor, and that you have everything you need to become part of the wider family Graduate network.
Here's what we're looking for:
- You’ll have already completed a 2:1 Bachelor or Master degree
- Some work experience would be useful, but it’s not essential
- An appetite for working in a multi-cultural environment
- Leadership potential and/or substantial technical knowledge
- Strong communication skills and fluency in English
- A high-performance and achievement mindset
- An interest in experimentation and innovation
- The ability to think creatively
You’ll also need to be either a graduate from a University in the north of England or already living in the north of England.