All our station and retail roles extend customer service beyond the railway lines. Some of the main roles in station and retail include; Customer Service Assistant, Gate line Operator, Dispatch Team, Revenue Protection Assistant and Booking office.
Customer Service Assistant
Customer Service Assistants are responsible for giving highly visible customer assistance and information on the Station, ensuring the safety, comfort and security of staff and public at all times. The role holder will provide a direct customer interface and respond to customer travel needs, whilst providing a high standard of customer service. This includes the efficient handling of all train and rail replacement services to minimise delays and positively impact on the customer experience and train performance.
Our Gateline operatives continuously monitor the ticket barriers, with a warm welcoming attitude, ensuring that all the standards are met and problems resolved before they impact on customers. A big part of this role is to also ensure that all customers entering and leaving the station have a paid ticket for the service they will be travelling on/ travelled on.
Customer Service Dispatch
Colleagues working in dispatch ensure that our trains are dispatched safely and punctually, and in accordance with rules and regulations. They maintain high standards of customer service, through provision of information, guidance and assistance. You will successfully complete an induction training course, including examination in safety-related rules and regulations.
Simply put, the main role working in one of our booking offices is to look after our customers with all their travel needs and give great customer service.
- Booking on/off duty while fully complying with our sickness reporting arrangements
- Opening and closing our station booking offices
- Responsible for the control of visitors and contractors on station premises, including site- specific safety briefing and monitoring to ensure they’re working correctly
- Deal with all aspects of rail travel enquires
- During times of disruption, arrange alternative transport for our customers by liaising with Northern Retail Control
- Report any station faults as required