As a Train Driver it’s your responsibility to ensure our customers reach their destination safely and on time, and our drivers make sure their route and train knowledge is first class so we can do just that.
In this role, you’ll need great concentration skills and an ability to work on your own for long periods of time, and you’ll need to be the kind of person who can think on your feet and react and adapt to different situations in line with our industry’s rules and regulations.
Although most of the time you’ll be working on your own in the driver’s cab, you will need to be able to communicate effectively with others in the wider team, including your Conductor, Dispatch and Control colleagues, and of course our customers.
And, as the face of Northern, it goes without saying that you’ll need excellent customer service skills.
Here’s what else we look for:
- Lots of discipline, and an ability to work within rules and regulations
- The ability to remain calm even under pressure
- The focus to stay alert and vigilant at all times
- Punctuality and reliability
- The flexibility to work shifts from the early hours of the morning until late at night, weekends and Bank Holidays. That’s an average of 35 hours per week and receive your rosters in advance.
Due to the early starts and late finishes, you’ll also need to be able to get to work without relying on public transport, while also living within a 45-minute car journey from your place of work, too.
Join our Driver Training Apprenticeship Programme now
Join us as a Driver and you'll experience one of the best training programmes in the rail industry. Our two year Level 3 Driver Apprenticeship offers the latest virtual reality, immersive reality, and augmented reality training. And with practical and classroom based learning on top, you'll discover that we're ready to invest more into your future than you think.