As a control Apprentice, you’ll be working towards gaining a Level 4 in Business Administration. This will include workplace training and development, classroom knowledge development and assignments to complete alongside a detailed portfolio, so it’s very important that you are willing to complete all your course work on time and meet deadlines, alongside working in the role.
The apprentice scheme will last for 2 years and you will have the opportunity to apply for any permanent roles with Northern that are available at the end of your apprenticeship. You’ll be based in either out York or Manchester offices. You’ll also take some assessments in Maths, English and ICT.
You will be undertaking all the tasks and learning required as an apprentice in order to have the skills to become a competent in Control at the end of the apprenticeship scheme. You’ll be working with the teams who work behind the scenes to make sure that all of our trains can run at the right times, be in the right place and have the people they need on board to keep our customers moving.
Skills that we look for;
- Great at problem solving, and enjoy the challenge of working through problems logically
- Interested in trains and how the railway works – this would be an advantage
- Comfortable and competent working with numbers
- Able to prioritise
- Able to work on your own initiative.
- Great at communicating with others both in writing and face to face
What will I earn?
£20,850 per annum