As a Customer Service Apprentice, you’ll be working towards gaining a Level 3 in Customer Service. This will include training, developing your knowledge and completing assignments alongside a detailed portfolio and group project, so it’s important that you’re willing to complete all coursework on time and meet deadlines alongside working in the role.
The apprenticeship scheme will last for 12 months and you will have the opportunity to apply for any permanent roles with Northern that are available at the end of your apprenticeship. You will either be based in Leeds or Manchester. You’ll also be expected to take some test in Maths, English and ICT.
You’ll experience different roles within the Customer Service Team, such as working in the Ticket Office and on our Platforms and will work alongside experienced and friendly members of the Northern team. You’ll gain a great understanding and practical experience of what’s involved in keeping our customers happy and providing them with a positive experience of travelling with Northern.
Skills that we look for;
- Friendly and approachable
- Great at talking to customers and building rapport with them
- Able to work well with other members of a team
- Able to problem solve
- Keen to learn and develop
- Able to work on your own initiative.
- Great at communicating well with other people from a range of different backgrounds
What will I earn?
£14,850 per annum