During your university course, you may decide to carry out a placement year following your second year of studies.
What is the YII Placement scheme?
Northern’s year in Industry Placement is a scheme designed to attract and develop talented young people into the rail industry. We’ll give you the opportunity to spend 44 weeks working as part of our team to help you get your career off to a great start. We offer a variety of placements across our business including opportunities to work in Operations, Finance, HR, Revenue & Customer Service, Communications and Marketing.
During the programme we’ll equip you with the skills and practical experiences to become a great manager of the future. While Northern is a rail operating company, we offer a range of opportunities for placement across our network and central functions. During your time with us we’ll give you as much exposure and experience to the different functions across our business as possible and so much more!
To apply, you need to meet the following requirements:
- You will be working towards completing a Bachelor or Master degree
- Work experience is a plus, but not essential
- You possess leadership potential and/or technical knowledge
- You have strong communication skills and you are fluent in English
- You have a high-performance and achievement orientation
- You are interested in experimentation and innovation
- You are able to think creatively and outside the box