If you’re on the first or second year of a university course right now, you might be thinking about getting involved in a placement year before you move on to your final year. And that’s exactly where our year in Industry Placement Scheme comes in.
What it's all about?
We designed our Year in Industry Placement Scheme to complement a wide range of degree courses, and to help talented and ambitious students develop a wide range of hands-on skills to use alongside the theory they learn at university. It gives you the chance to spend 44 weeks working as part of our team to help you get your career off to a great start. And we offer a variety of placements across our business, in Operations, Finance, HR, Revenue & Customer Service, Communications and Marketing, and more. While we are a rail operating company, we can help you build your expertise in much more than just rail focused areas. On the Scheme, you’ll learn the practical skills you need to become a great manager and you’ll get as much exposure to different functions across our business as as you can handle.
Here's what we're looking for:
- You’ll need to be working towards completing a Bachelor or Master degree
- Some work experience would be useful, but it’s not essential
- Leadership potential and/or substantial technical knowledge
- Strong communication skills and fluency in English
- A high-performance and achievement mindset
- An interest in experimentation and innovation
- The ability to think creatively