DIG are offering free entry for one child with each a paying adult. Please show your Northern tra
DIG is a hands-on archaeological adventure giving kids the chance to become trainee ‘diggers’ and discover the most exciting artefacts from 2000 years of York’s history! With four special in-door excavation pits, all based on real-life digs in the city and filled with replica Roman, Viking, medieval and Victorian finds, children can grab a trowel and explore how people lived in these times. Kids can get hands on with history and actually touch finds from previous YAT digs, including pottery, bone and even antlers! You will discover what these artefacts tell us about the lives of people who used them.
Valid until 31/12/18
Log in to apply
Terms and conditions
- Only two persons allowed per voucher, unless offer states otherwise.
- You must produce two valid National Rail tickets with this voucher (i.e. tickets that would be accepted for train travel on day of attraction visit. If using singles, you must produce both outward and return tickets to show that your travel spans the time of intended visit) as evidence of travelling by train to the attraction destination. Most train tickets display the symbol. National Rail issued tickets include Off-Peak, Super Off-Peak, Travelcard, Advance, Anytime and Season Tickets. Children under five do not need a rail ticket.
- If you are travelling on Advance tickets or similar, please keep both inbound and return legs of the tickets, when arriving at your destination station. In cases where electronic ticket barriers are in operation, you should approach a member of the train company staff who can arrange for you to retain your tickets as proof of travelling by train.
- Offers are valid until 31 December 2017 unless offer states otherwise. Amended or defaced vouchers will not be accepted.
- Acceptance of this voucher is strictly subject to the establishment’s own terms and conditions and deemed accepted on admission.
- Prices are subject to change without notice. Offers may be withdrawn or subject to change without notice.
- Exchange or sale of this voucher is prohibited. Not for resale. Voucher value 0.0001p.
- Special terms and conditions may apply and will be stated clearly within this website/publication.
- Offer valid on full price adult tickets only. An adult is 16 years or over.
- In the event of a full price and concessionary admission ticket being purchased together, the higher price ticket must be paid for.
- The voucher must be used at the time of purchase and is not valid for any pre-booked tickets (unless specified otherwise).
- The voucher cannot be used with any other promotion, offer, individual or group discount.
- Open 10am – 5pm (last admission 4pm)
- DIG will be closed Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
- On New Year’s Eve the last tour at DIG will be at 14:00 and on New Year’s Day the first tour at DIG will be at 11:00.